Where there is love there is life. _Mahatma Gandhi
- Nantucket frame in black 18" x 24" (Aaron Brothers)
- 18"x24" glass insert (Aaron Brothers)
- Thin Wooden letters approx. 6" x 4"
- Acrylic Paints any Pure White and light yellow (I used Ivory by Apple Barrel) Michaels
- Gray Spray paint. Gloss Finish
- Metal Brackets and short screws
- Soft bristle brushes to paint the letters
- A drill to Pre-drill holes in frame for screws
I LOVE the way this came out! I made it for my living room which is currently teal colored and I can't hang it up quite yet till I repaint the space aaaaaargh, hopefully soon. The good news is that you can turn many frames into floating frames by simply replacing the back of the frame with a piece of glass or plexiglass. I found this stand alone glass in several standard pre-cut sizes at Aaron Brothers. The opening was a standard 18' x 24 " on this Black Nantucket style frame so it was easy to replace. I would recommend taking apart the frame first. Spray paint it and let it dry while you paint the letters. The letters and frame will require a few layers of paint. After the frame dries, pre-drill holes where the brackets will be to hold the glass in. You can secure the letters to the back glass or plexi with glue dots or thin double stick tape and frame!!! you will have to instal another hanging bracket to the back of frame if it was on the backing you removed otherwise you are ready to hang and enjoy! Can't wait to hang mine...stay tuned for living room make-over. Happy Crafting!